Clinics & Services
We run a range of clinics at all our bases. Times and days may vary but you will be advised by your GP, nurse or Patient Service Advisor when they are held. Letters will be sent out to remind patients when they need to attend. Annual recalls for Long-Term Conditions will usually be on your birth month.
LONG-TERM CONDITIONS' REVIEWS DURING CORONAVIRUS:
To ensure continued patient care whilst monitoring long-term conditions we have made the following changes:
1. We will be texting patients to invite them to their annual review.
2. We will be using Econsult for Asthma Reviews, and this will be rolled out to COPD & Diabetic reviews.
3. We will ask for home BP reading and other measurements from home (eg pulse oxygen level, temp) where/if possible.
4. We will be using video consultations (using a smart phone) as well as telephone appointments for patients, reducing the need for patients to attend the practice.
5. If patients need a blood test for their annual review eg. for Diabetes, they will be invited in to an appointment at the practice and will have a further appointment over the telephone to discuss results and plan further care.
Please ensure your telephone number is up-to-date. You can change this directly using Systm1 on-line or NHSApp, or alternatively by sending in a note to your surgery if your number has changed. It is VERY important to keep this information up-to-date.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease(COPD)
Led by our nursing team, this clinic provides advice, support and health monitoring for patients diagnosed with a respiratory disease.
Asthma sufferers can attend this clinic for advice and support from our nurses who specialise in asthma care.
Led by our nursing team, this clinic offers advice and general health check-ups to patients diagnosed with diabetes.
For self help information regarding diabetes please follow the link: DIABETES CARE
Babies are invited to attend clinics to receive their childhood immunisations. Please bring your child's red book with you when you attend. For guidance about the imms programme during Covid-19 please follow the link: ATTENDING IMMUNISATION APPOINTMENTS
Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
CHD sufferers can attend this clinic for advice, support and health monitoring from our nurses who specialise in CHD care.
General dietary advice by experienced and qualified Health Care Assistants (HCAs) and nurses is available. Speak to the practice nurses for more information
This clinic is run by the practice nursing team, who in liaison with the district nursing team and GPs provide support and health monitoring for those patients who have suffered a stroke.
Cytology (Cervical Screening)
Dedicated appointments are available throughout the week at all sites and in clinics run by our teams of very experienced nurses. Please await a letter from the screening service before you ring to book.
Advice and immunisations are available for those travelling to other countries.
We are unable to offer travel appointments within four weeks of travel therefore we suggest that you contact MASTA Travel (Plymouth) clinic if you are travelling within the next four weeks. Tel: 0330 100 4288 or 01752 205556.
INFECTION CONTROL DECLARATION
At Ruby Country Medical Group we expect all staff to comply with infection control policies and procedures.