Devon patients can access the Depression and Anxiety Service - TALKWORKS - either through their GP or as a direct referral by phone on 0300 555 3344. Some sessions are held at Holsworthy Medical Centre and at other centres locally for patient convenience.
For more information go to:
Cornwall patients can access services via the Cornwall hub:
MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING CORNWALL or COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH SERVICE
or Via Outlook Southwest on 01208 871905: OUTLOOK SW
For a listing of mental health support services in Devon and Cornwall please follow the link: MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES
Always contact your surgery if you wish to be advised further.
If you feel that you are in crisis or need more urgent support, then please contact NHS Direct 111 Please note that there are other forms of support available:
- Valued Lives 01209 901438 (7 days a week 5pm-midnight)
- Samaritans 116 123 (free from mobile or landline)
- SHOUT - 24/7 text service - (Text Shout to 85258)
- SANE 4.30pm-10.30pm - 0300 304 7000
- Papyrus - for young adults 0800 068 4141
- Campaign against living miserably (CALM) for men – 0800 58 58 58
- Childline – 0800 111